5th International Pure Data Convention 2016 ~ New York
Call for Proposals
Following in the tradition of previous conventions, the 5th International Pure Data Convention in New York (PdCon16~) will attempt to feature proposals by members of the Pd Community that don’t necessarily belong to the categories of paper or concert.
The Pd community is a heterogeneous group of users, developers, authors, artists, musicians, programmers; often in more than one role at a time. Although we can’t possibly program all proposals, we will do our best to accommodate as many events as we can.
Some possible formats could include:
- Workshops (beginner and advanced).
- Exhibitions, Installations.
- Video, Movies.
- Netart, Telematic performance.
- Events complementary to the Convention.
Please follow directions in the following page to submit a proposal.
Deadline for submissions: Monday August 22nd 2016
To submit a proposal, please fill out a submission form at Easy Chair:
In the abstract field in the submission form please enter the text you want to appear in the website and printed program. (150 words max.)
All submissions must be digital and anonymous. Every submission has to contain a “.pdf” document with all of the following:
- Page 1: Description of the proposal. (max 1 page long, no author name)
- Page 2: Links (you might want to send links to software, video demos, documentation of an artwork, etc).
- Page 3: A detailed technical rider containing:
- a diagram of setup and signal routing where appropriate.
- a list of equipment you will provide, as well as equipment you expect the convention to provide.
By submitting a proposal to PdCon16~, you agree to the following:
- The intellectual, sound, and/or video material I play or present at the conference is entirely my own work and does not infringe any copyrights. In no case shall PdCon or its organizers be responsible for copyright infringement as a result of (dis)playing or performing my work.
- I agree that my paper presentation may be recorded and streamed once or several times in compressed format on the Internet, during, and/or after the presentation.
- Any materials I send to PdCon16~ will not be returned.
- I will receive no fee from PdCon16~ whether my paper is presented, printed, or not.
- I recognize that the committee’s decision is final, and waive my rights to legal action regarding the committee’s decision.